Robotic or layer loading? A complicated question with many answers that need to be assessed on a case by case basis, but the following questions may be helpful in the process.
- Capacity requirements?
- What products/packaging options may be applicable in the future? WA box, open tray, shrink-wrapped tray, shrink-wrapped product on corrugated sheet, shrink-wrapped product only, cover box or display package?
- Will there be dimensional differences between the products?
- Ceiling height?
- Floor/securing requirements may require reinforcement work/foundation?
- Is the equipment likely to be moved in the future?
- Do you want line-independent equipment or can multiple lines be palletized in one loader/robot? How is availability affected?
- Point of contact for service?
- Requirements for operator training/handling?
InterSystem’s primary area of focus is palletizing with proprietary equipment and we focus on applications and industries where our equipment is competitive in terms of performance, space efficiency and price. Since we also have our own in-house produced transport systems for both light goods and pallet handling, we can offer a total package with a common control system, which facilitates service and maintenance in the future.
For robotic palletizing, we can offer solutions in cooperation with market leading robot manufacturers such as Kuka, Yaskawa, ABB and Kawasaki.